July 14, 2014

Car-spiration Nails

Before I got the car I have now I really wanted to buy a camaro... but MOM (nuff said). Upon looking at newer models I seriously fell in love with this limited edition magenta colored camaro with the black rim package (I wish it had the circle headlights though *dream*).

Moving on... I showed the car to one of my friends and she was like... "OMG I totally just painted my nails that color". So I immediately ran out to CVS to find a similar polish color as well and I ended up purchasing my first Nuance polish in the color Tiger Lily. As luck would have it I had also recently purchased Sally Hansen's french tip nail decals and thought it'd be a perfect time to try 'em out.

As for a review of both nail products... I'm really loving this Tiger Lily color by Nuance. The polish applied nicely (applied in 2 coats) with its small flat brush and I haven't experienced any crazy chipping, etc. I did find a nearly similar and cheaper dupe for it which was Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Posh Plum although it is a bit more on the purple side than Tiger Lily.
Left to Right: Posh Plum, and Tiger Lily
As for the Sally Hansen french tip nail decals, I like these so much better than the full nail decal sets (as those feel like band-aids) although the kit does come with a nude set of the full decals (I really can't imagine wearing both at the same time though, ugh). I did apply a clear top coat (OutTheDoor fast dry topcoat) once I had the decals stuck in place which worked out nicely and will probably help with the longevity of the decals.

No comments: