March 29, 2015

5 Fave Beauty Products for Spring 2015

Lorac - Unzipped Gold Shimmer and Matte Eye Shadow Palette
I recently splurged on this item because the colors were really lovely ("Undressed" is my fave in this) and offer a mix of matte (love) and shimmer shadows. These are nicely pigmented and cover really well (esp. if you have the blue veins on your lids). The downside to this is, it is a bit pricey ($42) but reasonable in terms of similar competitors (like the UD Naked Palettes), the tiny primer that came with my set wasn't anything mind-blowing (but hey.. bonus, I guess), and honestly if you swatch the top colors and compare them to the bottom shades there isn't a lot of color difference.

It's a 10 - Potion 10 Miracle Styling Potion
I'm not sure what it is about this creamy (lotion-like) product but when I straighten my naturally curly dry dyed blonde hair and use this to finish it off I get so many compliments on my hair. My hair just has a healthy glow/polish to it (not greasy) and it doesn't weigh down my thin/flat hair and I do feel it helps a bit with fly-a-ways. The downside is... I have not found any other 'It's a 10' hair product (of the handful I have tried) that I have liked (at all) and this particular item I usually can't find in store (so I either have to order it online or find it at a certain hair salon).

Too Faced - Shadow Insurance Primer
I don't generally use eye primers on a daily basis but I have tried numerous ones and honestly I think this is the best one I have yet to use (muchhhh more so than UDPP which is a little cheaper in terms of the amount of product you get). If you want to help extend the life of your eye shadow or liner than you should give this one a go.

Urban Decay - Ink For Eyes Waterproof Precision Eye Pen
I was skeptical to try this at first as it isn't that cheap (and usually I go for the thin brush eye liners) but I went for it after hearing someone on YouTube rave about it. If you're looking for a felt tip eye liner that will stay put from any eye rubbing, etc than I highly recommend giving this one a try, it's by far the best liquid eye liner I have used. Once this dries (in like a minute) it just doesn't budge until I wash my makeup off at the end of the day.

Cortizone 10
This may be an usual product to consider for beauty purposes (right?) but I discovered that this does not just remedy an itch, as applied a few times a week you may notice any pesky red stretch marks begin to vanish (miracle in a tube!). On the flip-side I have read that cortizone can cause stretch marks although I'm thinking that may only be internally and not externally (so, use at your own risk).

No comments: