February 01, 2016

Vanilla Foot Moisturizer - DIY

Lately I have been trying to find ways to moisturize my feet since my toenails have seen better days. I found a few oils that have appeared to work great for things like dry toenails and feet so, I decided to create my own foot moisturizer. I apply this mixture to my feet at night before bed and I put on some thin cotton socks (cotton allows feet to still breathe) to help keep the moisturizer from rubbing off on my sheets and hold in the moisture. When I take off my socks in the morning my feet and nails look much more moisturized and have begun to heal more with each use. You can use this mixture regularly or as needed, and can adjust this recipe to your liking.

Did you know.. 
Oiling your feet can help improve mood and alleviate illness?


Ingredients
1 SMALL - Jar with Lid (or similar)
3/4 CUP - Coconut Oil (solid form)
1/2 TBSP - Sweet Almond Oil
1/2 TBSP - Jojoba Oil
1/2 TBSP - Imitation Vanilla Extract (or similar)

Melt the solid coconut oil in the jar (without lid) for about 30 seconds in microwave (once it starts melting you can remove from heat and stir until it dissolves completely). Combine the other ingredients into the jar, close lid, and shake vigorously until the mixture is well blended. Loosen the lid to the jar a bit and allow the mixture to cool in fridge for about an hour (or until the coconut oil becomes solid again). Remove from fridge, apply mixture to clean feet and toenails, and put on some thin cotton socks to help keep feet moisturized through the night.

You should not have to put the mixture back into the fridge again once it's a solid as it should remain a solid at room temperature. As the mixture warms in your hand it should turn to liquid/oil form making it easy to apply evenly onto your feet.

No comments: